I had previously purchased two Sunluxy DVR’s for various projects (see CoopCam.co.uk to find out more) and was impressed with how easy they were get up and running, it was literally a straight forward task of fitting a hard drive and then setting and forgetting… literally… setting the admin password and then forgetting it.
Not to worry though, the user manual will have some helpful tips on what to do? Wrong! Poor translation meant the manual ended up in the bin, never mind the Internet will be able to help surely… maybe not. After much research I thought my box was going to end up living with the user manual in the bin but then I turned to good old fashioned trial and error as a last resort.
Factory Resetting the DVR
So lets get to the juicy bit! For the steps below you will need to be near your Sunluxy DVR but before you continue please be aware that this process will not only reset the admin password, it will also remove any settings entered previously such as network configuration, recording preferences and so on. The hard drive and all existing data will be left untouched.
- First things first switch off your DVR. In my case there was a power switch on the back that I flicked, so far so good!
- The next step is to hold the Back button (the one that lets you flick back to the previous menus – labelled with a back arrow, sometimes also labelled ESC) whilst switching the DVR back on, the button can be seen circled in the image below:
- After a short delay you will see that all lights apart from the power light go out and hear a beep, this means the DVR has reset itself and will automatically restart so release the Back button and you will see the DVR begin to boot as normal
- Once everything has loaded you will then be able to login to your DVR using the default username of admin and leaving the password field blank
- In this example we used a Sunluxy branded DVR, however this process (or something very similar) should work with most generic H.624 DVR’s as well
- The steps above assume your monitor is connected via the VGA connection, as Chris suggested in the comments below, try using the BNC connection if you have trouble with menus not showing
- Finally, if you could let me know if you run into any problems or if the process works on other brands or models I’d be grateful
Incoming search terms:
- h 264 dvr password reset null
- how to reset h 264 dvr
- reset password dvr h 264
- h 264 network dvr admin password reset
- cara reset dvr h 264
- reset password on sonnylux 9008
- reset h 2
- reset dvr board
- how to reset h264 dvr to factory default
- h624 dvr default admin password